Moodle and LMS
One of the biggest challenges facing our clients is where to host their online programmes. It is easy to get overwhelmed with the technical specifications of myriad platform providers. At Jigsaw we give our clients impartial advice, looking at available platforms and how to get the most out of your existing systems.
What do we do?
We should come clean. We love Moodle. It’s open source, easy to use, flexible, portable and sustainable, and, if you’re new to online learning, a low-risk place to start your journey. But we don’t recommend Moodle to everyone! We help you to define your requirements and create a specification to get exactly what you need: that may include other platforms or your existing intranet, extranet or LMS.
Our Moodle expertise
We have been working with Moodle since 2006 and specialise in using its standard features to deliver extraordinary blended learning programmes. Here are some examples:
- We create e-learning content directly in Moodle using the Book, Lesson, Glossary and Webpage formats – so you can create e-learning programmes without buying any more software.
- We embed video and audio content into Moodle quizzes, books, lessons, glossaries, and forums to create interactive learning, including case studies, branching scenarios, interactive question and answer sessions, downloads, seminars and more.
- We use forums to create fictional workplaces, hierarchies and even countries to allow your learners to engage with experts, competitors and each other.
- We create courses with learner-specific resources, to support peer-to-peer and student-to-tutor interaction.
- We design online logbooks and portfolios to support learner reflection.
- We design and build complex quiz modules to diagnose learning requirements, demonstrate skills gaps and test mastery of a wide range of topics.
- We consult on using Moodle to support multiple sites, teams, clients and users.
- We create bespoke reports and plugins for Moodle when a client has a specific and unique requirement.
- We have provided Moodle consultancy to e-learning companies including Mindclick and Eukleia; publishers including Ed2Go and Jones Bartlett Learning; public sector and not-for-profit organisations including NHS Providers, Transport for London, Urban Design London, Future of London, the RYA and Fritz Institute; the University of Essex, The Open University, The Royal Agricultural University and Cambridge International Land Institute; and many small and medium-sized enterprises using Moodle as a first step in delivering online learning to their customers.
And when Moodle is not the best choice...
We provide consultancy to support:
- getting the most out of your existing LMS, including reviewing curricula to better benefit from LMS features
- creating LMS specifications and supporting tendering for LMSs
- troubleshooting technical content issues with LMSs
- sourcing LMSs to meet specific needs (managing classroom training, integration with existing HR systems)
We also develop websites to support learning using Wordpress, HTML, Ruby on Rails and platforms specified by our clients.