Instructional design is Jigsaw’s DNA. Good ID is not about using a company’s Powerpoint slides and simply adding questions. It means working out the story that will take learners from wanting to be able to do something, to being able to do it, and proving that they can! As instructional designers we are curators of content, explorers of concepts, generators of ideas, authors of stories and creators of adventures.
What do we do?
We can provide ID advice at an early stage to help you get the most out of your learning budget. We offer support for both large-scale curricula and individual courses. We design and storyboard content for any topic and for any audience (from statistical analysis to fintech, engineering to coaching, retail banking to healthcare). Our ID work includes:
- review of learning resources
- curriculum and programme design
- mapping adaptive learning pathways
- designing blended and e-learning programmes
- bespoke instructional design training and coaching
Who uses our ID services?
- e-Learning companies: We work with some of the largest e-learning companies in the UK, Europe and
US to develop storyboards for their clients and for off-the-shelf courses. Our input has resulted in multiple awards for instructional design, innovative content approaches and engaging scripting. We work well in multi-disciplinary, multi-organisation teams, always putting the needs of learners first.
- Higher education: We collaborate with some of the UK’s best Universities, including The Open
University and the University of Essex, on curriculum development, storyboarding content, and supporting internal teams to apply robust ID processes to programme development.
- Publishers: Working with publishers including Jones Bartlett Learning and Ed2Go we use our ID skills
to map learning objectives to existing textbooks, create interactive resources that bring content to life, design adaptive learning pathways, and develop complex diagnostic and roleplay scenarios for undergraduate and graduate level programmes.
- Public sector, NGOs and not-for-profit organisations: We provide ID support to organisations
including NHS Providers, UNHCR, UNODC and the RYA. We work with interdisciplinary teams to devise engaging curricula that meet complex organisational goals.
- Corporations and small businesses: We support in-house teams at DHL and Santander to develop
their ID skills; and design, storyboard and develop e-learning and blended learning programmes for clients in banking, logistics, property development, coaching and mentoring, consultancy, travel, retail and many other sectors.